The Hawai`i Police Department is asking for the public’s assistance as they investigate a burglary at the Francis Wong Stadium in Hilo.
Authorities say nearly $6,000 in tools and equipment were removed from the county facility.
Responding to a reported break-in just after 7:30 a.m. on Monday morning, Officers from the South Hilo Patrol Division discovered that unknown suspects broke into a storage area, removing numerous items, and attempted to break into another shed damaging its doors and locks.
Police believe the theft occurred sometime between 5:30 p.m. Sunday and early Monday morning.
Among the items removed were:
- Three red Shindaiwa model T242X weed cutters
- One red Shindaiwa model T282X weed cutter
- One red Shindaiwa model M242 weed cutter
- Two red Maruyama model BT23L weed cutters
- Five STIHL model BR340(L) leaf blowers
- One STIHL model MS291-Z chain saw
- One STIHL model FS55 weed cutter
- One STIHL model HS56CE2S trimmer
- One red Honda model WT20XK3 gas powered pump
Police ask anyone with any information regarding the burglary or the whereabouts of the stolen items to contact Sgt. Norbert Serrao of the South Hilo Patrol Division at (808) 961-2213 or via e-mail at email@example.com. Members of the public may also call the police department’s non-emergency number at (808) 935-3311 with information.