The National Weather Service has issued a Flash Flood Watch for the Island of Hawaii effective this evening through Monday night.
A Flash Flood Watch means conditions are favorable for flash flooding.
- Moisture associated with the remnant of Barbara will move over Hawaii Island tonight.
- Flash Flooding is LIFE THREATENING.
- Do not cross fast flowing water.
- Those in flood-prone areas, take action before nightfall to prepare for the possible effects of flash flooding and heavy rains.
- If you experience heavy rain or rising water, head to higher ground immediately.
The National Weather Service has also issued a High Surf Advisory for south and east facing shores of Hawaii Island from Kona to North Kohala Districts remains in effect until Monday.
A High Surf Advisory means surf will be higher than normal, shore break and dangerous currents could be life threatening and may cause damage to property.
- Expect strong breaking waves, dangerous shore break, and rip currents.
- Beach-goers, swimmers, and surfers know your limits, exercise caution, and heed all advice given by ocean safety officials.