The Hawai`i County Fire Department responded to a structure fire along Bamboo Lane in Ocean View on Sunday afternoon.
Crews arrived on scene at 2:25 p.m. to find a 30-foot-by-30-foot single story post and pier unpermitted residence fully involved in flames.
The fire was deemed under control by 3:20 p.m. and out at 4:50 p.m.
Officials say the occupants were able to evacuate ahead of HFD arrival and that a possible cause of the fire may be the malfunction of a generator under the structure.
A total of nine HFD personnel responded to the incident.