Cigarette Butt Causes Small Fire at Queens’ Marketplace

Smoke filled a building inside Queens’ Shops in Waikoloa on Friday afternoon when someone apparently placed a cigarette butt between a sidewalk and wall.

The Hawai`i County Fire Department responded to the shops at 2:38 p.m., where crews were led to a commercial building used for storage.

Light smoke was discovered in the building, with the point of origin at the case of a temporary wall made of two-by-fours and plywood.

The area involved was about one-square-foot with multiple cigarette butts, per HFD.

A booster line and hand tools were used to extinguish the fire.

No injuries were reported in the incident.

Tags: ,