Lighting Strike Causes HPP Electrical Fire

The Hawai`i County Fire Department responded to a stove fire incident in the Hawaiian Paradise Park subdivision Friday afternoon.

Fire crews arrived at a 30th Avenue home at 3:45 p.m., where they found smoke visible from the rear patio of the single family dwelling.

Prior to the arrival of HFD, the fire had already been extinguished by Hawai`i Police Department officers with a portable extinguisher.

Fire officials say the fire began when lighting stuck the ground near the back patio and caused an electrical fire.

One occupant was in the home but officials say the individual was not injured.

Estimated loss is $2,500.

Tags: , ,