The National Weather Service issued a Flash Flood Warning for Hawaii Island through tonight. A Flash Flood Warning means dangerous flooding is occurring or imminent; and may pose a threat to life and property. Heavy showers are expected to continue through tonight.
Due to the Flash Flood Warning, the following advisories are issued:
- Hawaii County Police and Public Works Departments report Kamehameha Avenue, Pauahi Street, Railroad Avenue and Kukila Street in Hilo are closed. Avoid these areas and use alternate routes.
- Due to occasional heavy downpours, driving conditions are poor. Be on the alert for additional possible road closures.
- Expect possible interruptions in your utility services.
- Be on the alert for malfunctioning traffic signals. Please treat flashing traffic lights as a four-way stop.
- Remember, if lightning does threaten your area, the safest place to be is indoors.
Again, the National Weather Service has issued a Flash Flood Warning for Hawaii Island through tonight. Heavy showers are expected to continue through tonight.