Hawaii County wants to inform the public of multiple road closures in the Hilo and East Hawaii area. Hawaii County Police Department have closed the roads in the following areas.
Hawaii County Public Works Department reports multiple road closures in Hilo due to flooding:
- Kamehameha Avenue between Pauahi Street and Ponahawai Street
- Pauahi Street between Aupuni Street and Kamehameha Avenue
- East Kawailani Street between Ho’onani Street and Ahuna Street, and
- Kukila Street in front on Ken’s Towing.
Due to the road closures and heavy rain, the following advisories are in effect:
- Kamehameha Avenue traffic is now rerouted through Bay Front Highway.
- Motorists should expect delays, plan ahead and drive with caution as driving conditions are poor.
- Be aware that additional road closures may occur without notice.