Due to a large demand for water and ongoing dry weather conditions, the Department of Water Supply is requesting consumers in the Na
alehu area from Waiohinu to South Point, reduce their daily water usage by 10 percent.
DWS suggests the following ways to reach the 10 percent goal:
- Wash full loads of laundry only.
- Wash full loads of dishes only.
- Serve drinking water only when requested.
- Do not let the faucet run unnecessarily.
- When bathing, use water only to wet and rinse off.
- Do not fill the bath tub.
- Use a glass when brushing your teeth.
- Do not flush toilets unnecessarily.
- Stop lawn sprinkling.
- Stop car and boat washing.
- Stop dust control watering.
- Use drinking water wisely.
In addition, all agricultural users are advised to keep water usage to a minimum. Irrigate only at night from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. This measure will reduce water loss due to evaporation, and minimize water system usage during peak demand.